Monday, July 27, 2009


Everyone is in the picture except for the photog, Jenn
(picture courtesy of Jennifer Tai)

That day was the first time I saw so many Malaysians since I moved to Seattle. I didn't know most of the people at the party but was told by a friend about the existence of that party and so we joined her. I'm really glad that we decided to go cause it was simply AWESOME! Fun people, finger-licking-good Malaysian food(I couldn't separate myself from the keropok ikan[fish crackers] bowl) and a place buzzing with real Bahasa Malaysia (Malay language) not Bahasa Indonesia. Before I was always excited whenever I hear people around me speaks Bahasa Indonesia cause that's the closest thing to home...HAHAHA


Keropok Ikan
(picture courtesy of Jennifer Tai)

That day I felt at home. I can't wait for the next event! :D

4 cents:

  1. Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...
    You're right, nothing beats the good old variety of Malaysian food and with some good old Malaysian company, that's a recipe for fun :D

    When you gonna come back and really try the food here?
    The Real Mother Hen said...
    COOL! Oh I would love that. In the little town we live, there were a few Malaysians originally (and they all worked for the same Malaysian-owned company). But that company had shut, so in a month's time, there will be only two Malaysians, one will be me, and another one - I heard - was a former Miss Malaysian! I haven't got a chance to meet her yet! I sure hope to meet her one day and exchange food if possible :)

    Ummm, did anyone take penang laksa to the gathering? :)
    Samantha said...
    Nick Philips : Hopefully CNY la. I'm craving for all the mamak food. Will stuffed myself to death when I get back to Malaysia.

    The Real Mother Hen : If you like, I'll inform you the next time we have a Malaysian meetup. Then you can plan a trip down with your future to be friend, former Miss Malaysian :D..Which part of Oregon are you in?
    The Real Mother Hen said...
    I'm in Bend, Oregon, too far from Seattle, it took me 7 hrs to drive there the other day (I caught a BA flight out of Seattle)! :(

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882