Friday, July 29, 2011

In my previous post, I mentioned that I'm taking up a new diet challenge that consist of 6 days of healthy diet & 1 cheat day every single week. Still I refused to sacrifice taste for health. Thus, I've been on a mission hunting for healthy yet mouth watering dishes. A favourite of mine that I found fairly recently is Chicken Fingers and I paired it with Mango Avocado Salsa (turn it into Mango Pear Avocado Salsa) that I found on another blog plus a green salad on the side.


I made a few tweaks to both the recipe to suit my palate and to make up for the ingredients that I don't have on hand. This is a really simple meal to make yet one that is capable to excite your taste bud with its delightful flavours!

Chicken Fingers Recipe:

Ingredients: 
  1. 2 chicken breast
  2. 1 teaspoon curry powder
  3. 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
  4. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  5. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  6. 1 whole egg
  7. 1 egg white
  8. 1/4 cup low fat drinking coconut milk
  9. 1/2 lemon juiced
  10. 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (I made my own)
  11. 3/4 cup dessicated coconut
  12. Olive oil to oil the baking sheet
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F
  2. Cut chicken breasts into strips
  3. Combine ingredients 2-5 and rub them all over the chicken strips
  4. Combine ingredients 6-9 in a bowl and mix it well (egg mix)
  5. Combine ingredients 10 & 11 and mix them together (bread crumb mix)
  6. Oil the baking sheet
  7. Dip the chicken strips in the egg mix then coat it with the bread crumb mix and lay it on the baking sheet.
  8. Repeat step 7 for the rest of the chicken strips
  9. Bake the chicken strips in the oven for 30-40minutes or until the chicken strips are golden & crispy

Mango Avocado Salsa Recipe:

Ingredients:
  1. 1 large mango peeled and diced
  2. 1 avocado diced
  3. 1 yellow onion diced
  4. 1 big handful cilantro chopped
  5. 1/2 pear chopped
  6. 1/2 lemon juiced
  7. 2 teaspoon honey
  8. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Method:

Gently toss all the ingredients together and voila it's ready to serve with chicken fingers or any other meat or fish of your choice.

Happy Cooking & Happy Eating!

0 cents:

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882