Wednesday, April 02, 2008

3 of my own experience showed me how caring our masyarakat is.

2005 – On my way to school, a truck ran into my car from the back because the dim-witted driver didn’t bother to pull up his handbrake on a downhill road when he stops for the red light causing my car bumper to droop down. Driver did not stop to apologize or to see if I needed help. What’s worse is none of the onlookers bother to stop either.

January 2008 – On my way to my uncle’s house, traffic light turn green…everyone is moving forward and so am I. A guy whom I doubt has a driving license at all charges his car towards mine when it’s red light for him! Boy ain’t I glad I was quick enough to response, I swerve my car away from his. But still his car manage to harass mine >.< . Anyway, I stop my car by the side of the road to check if everything is fine. Just as expected, driver didn’t stop to apologize and no one bothered to stop, only a friend of mine who happen to pass by, stop to ask if everything’s okay. February 2008 – Another traffic light incident. Did I mess with the traffic light in my past life? Anyway a huge ass truck forces its’ way into my lane and crashed my back bumper. No apology and no one stop either. Was smart enough to take down a picture of the truck with my phone ^^ and I was crazy enough to follow the truck to it’s destination to demand for an apology. Wouldn’t have done that if there weren’t others around. He was shocked that an elfin like me would dare approached him. Tried to blame me and make it seem like it was my fault but am no baby to be pushed around. His nervous eyes betrayed him and in the end his coworkers agreed that he should apologize and compensate the damage. Doesn’t cost that much to fix my car and thus I decided not to ask for it. Called him the next day to tell him that he doesn’t have to pay for the damage and here’s how the conversation went: Me: “pak cik tak yah bayar balik wang repair tu la, sebab tak byk. Saye pun tau cari makan bknnya senang kan, tapi lain kali kalau pak cik terlanggar orang, salah ke tak salah, kene la turun dan tgk kalau kalau org tu perlukan bantuan”

Pak cik: “minta maaf la yer…pak cik tak tahu terlanggar kelmarin. Tapi terime kasih byk byk yer”

He kept repeating “terime kasih byk byk” 3 to 4 times. At least he’s sorry and I am just glad things end well.

Are we living out the saying “Kita Masyarakat Penyayang” or is it just a phrase we carry at the tip of our lips and not our actions? SAY it like you MEAN it…

~SPREAD THE SEEDS OF LOVE~

0 cents:

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882