Sunday, March 08, 2009

-| 218 Flavours of Gelato |-

We were up in Vancouver for a one day trip and the highlight of the day has got to be La Casa Gelato. It is the only gelato factory/store in the world that carries 218 flavours on location from the 500+ flavours that they have. 218 flavours! That's an amazingly diverse amount of flavours. It is so diverse that we had a hard time picking out just 1 flavour. They range from standard gelato flavours  to very exotic ones like chocolate curry, balsamic vinegar, wasabi and gorgonzola blue cheese (I tried all the above) just to name a few. 

The place was practically swamped with customers and normally I would’ve leave as fast as I can (I dislike overly crowded places) but that didn’t stop me from staying longer. The interesting combinations of gelato flavours were so tempting that I had to walk from one end to another to carefully taste and pick my flavour. 

(image courtesy of La Casa Gelato)

La Casa Gelato has got to be the best gelato I've tasted thus far. So good that they receive a vast amount of media coverage for example the Chinese Network, Vancouver Sun and Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Even the queen of lifestyle, Martha Stewart herself has been there to get a taste of La Casa’s Gelato.

If any of you ever hit up Vancouver, don’t forget to pay La Casa Gelato a visit. It’s highly recommended and a definite must go. 

p/s: I doubt that I’ll ever get much of durian in Seattle, so we ended up picking the durian flavoured gelato. It even had tiny bits of durian flesh in it. I also bought an almond nougat bar, my all time favourite snack. yum yum...

0 cents:

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882