Friday, March 06, 2009

-| Pop 'Em Popcorns |-

I love popcorns and usually, I can't watch a movie without popcorns. Shopping at Fred Meyer today, seeing rows and rows of self-popping popcorns reminded me of my first popcorn in Seattle.

I would never ever forget about that popcorn incident. It was the first salty popcorn I ever tasted in my life. I bought the popcorn at the movie theatre thinking it's the same irresistible sweet popcorns that I’ve always had in Malaysia and popped it in my mouth. Immediately I turned to MoofMoof with a disgusted look on my face. Here’s how the conversation went: 

Me: Honey, I think there’s something seriously wrong with the popcorn. 

MoofMoof: What’s the matter? 

Me: I think they forgot to put in the caramel. I can only taste the butter. 

MoofMoof: *starts laughing and laughing* Honey, that’s how they are suppose to taste like. They are butter popcorns not caramel. 

Me: Huh? (getting more puzzled) You guys have butter popcorns? People actually eat salty popcorns?????? 

MoofMoof: Of course we do! *lalalalalala and a whole bunch of explanation*

I’ll just stop the conversation right there. There’s a long stretch of popcorns debate to it but I won’t bore you further. Since then, I’ve been constantly searching for caramel popcorns where ever I go. So far I’ve only found 2 places that sells caramel popcorns, one in Puyallup Fair and the other one in one of Portland’s (Oregon) mall. The hunt shall go on and I shall not give up!

8 cents:

  1. Perky said...
    I love salty popcorns. I don't quite like caramel popcorns as I find them to be a bit too sweet for me.

    I think also because I just love salty stuff... I can practically eat just garam batu with rice & be perfectly content with my meal :)
    Samantha said...
    Zeemi : yalo and they prefer their bread hard but I love it soft

    Perky : OMG you do??? then you'll be very happy living here cause all the popcorns here are SALTY. When it comes to salty, I only like super salty and sour mango. I'm a picky/weird eater :O
    Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...
    LOL! I actually love salty popcorns ... I find the caramel ones too sweet for my liking
    Anonymous said...
    lol... i had the same reaction in cali!! caramel popcorn rules!!
    Ron Jerem Lee said...
    i just hate american pop corn... salty.... our usual sweet ones still rock. it gives kinda crusty feel too.
    Wennie said...
    Hey Samantha!

    Thing about popcorn in Seattle is we have kettle korn more than we have caramel corn. Kettle korn is almost like caramel corn but less sweet, with a hint of salty. I would recommend kettle korn becaues it's my favorite! You can usually get kettle korn down by safeco statdium during game days, or during festivals there are usually big tents with men popping them!
    Mharms said...
    Aw, I am not a fan of popcorns :) My sisters are.
    Samantha said...
    Nick Philips : well here is definitely the place you should come. You can get all the salty popcorns that you want

    Ron Jerem Lee Thanks for dropping by. Yea the sweet ones are more crunchy. I don't like soft/soggy popcorns. They suck.

    Wennie Oh hell yea. Love that stuff and now we don't have to wait for those game days or festivals anymore. I found a really awesome place for kettle korn in bothel area called Country Cottage. That guy sells bomb ass kettle korn and the crunchy-ness last for days

    Mharms aww that's too bad! I love popcorns and it's weird watching a movie wtout popcorns

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882