Thursday, February 28, 2008

Traffic is moving very slowly and it usually frustrates me but when I come to think of it, it happens every day after work. It’s nothing new for me, so maybe today I should just relax and take a good look around me. What I saw was posters, banners, and flags on each side of the road all over the city. Some glued awkwardly on anything that has a surface wide enough, some flapping fearlessly against the wind and some just lay lifelessly on the ground. Orh, which reminds me the General Election of the year 2008 is just around the corner.

What kind of a government do we want, to lead and run the country? A fair clean government that will bring our country up a few notch while making sure there’s always peace and harmony all over the country? People often ask me “Hey, so which political party are you voting for?”. My reply is always the “I don’t know” followed by the shrugging and the eye-rolling without ever knowing why it came out the way it did. Finally it dawn on me why I couldn’t pick a side. All the political parties running on the election can’t even live up to a very simple value and yet a very important one – Cleanliness. All the leftover posters and banners that were not put up were left laying on the ground. Is it that hard to pick them up and dump them into the trash can that is just sitting around the corner? Those props that were put up were simply hung with either one side left drooping down. Simply put, they were all set up in a very messy manner making it an eyesore. Driving around with all those props hanging messily is just not very pleasant. My once so-called nice and pleasant town is made into a chaotic circus of political campaign.

Can we really trust our fate in the hands that can’t even keep our town clean and pleasant to make our country flourish in the eyes of the world?

0 cents:

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882