Monday, April 20, 2009

-| Lets Cook Mama! |-

If you like chicken and if you like vegetables, this is a simple, wholesome recipe that comes in handy when your refrigerator is low on stock. This recipe makes 4 servings to go with rice & one other dish or 2 servings to go with only rice.

All you need is:
1. Quarter chicken breast thinly sliced
2. 3 mini cucumber cut into small chunks
3. 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped (you may opt for 4 slices of ginger if you don't have garlic)
4. 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
5. 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
6. 1.5 teaspoon sugar
7. 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour mixed into 1/2 cup of water


Directions:
1. Heat up the oil on high
2. Cook garlic/ginger until lightly brown
3. Then stir in the oyster sauce with the mixture of all purpose flour and water
4. Add sugar and cook till sauce is bubbly
5. Lastly add the chicken and cucumber and stir fry for 2 minutes or until chicken is cook

And voila, your very own simple cucumber chicken in oyster sauce. Hope you have fun trying it out!

6 cents:

  1. Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...
    This looks like something I whipped up yesterday for dinner but I used green peppers instead. I think I'll try this out for dinner soon :D
    The Real Mother Hen said...
    Came here from Nick Phillips and saw the beautiful food picture. Wow... then I saw Oyster Sauce in the recipe, funny, I'm not a big fan of oyster sauce, in fact, I don't think oyster has sauce, lol.
    i said...
    Hey, I cooked the same thing last evening too! Except that I used carrots instead of cucumber.
    Samantha said...
    Nick Philips: Hmmm...I'm not a big fan of green pepper. But maybe I'll try it with chili padi next time...good thing they have chili padi in Seattle.

    The Real Mother Hen: Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. I don't know why they call it oyster sauce cause it doesn't taste like it at all. Though I'm a big fan of both "oyster sauce" and the real fresh oyster(I can eat dozens of them).

    Serendipity: This is a recipe passed down from my mom but hers taste so much better than mine.
    Mhar's Display said...
    hi samantha
    wait..i like to try cooking this on a weekend.
    oh hey, i am not pregnant yet...it was just a mild migraine. i hate it.
    Samantha said...
    hope you have fun trying it and hope you and your hubby likes it :D

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882