Tuesday, May 05, 2009

-| My New Toy |-

By now most of you should know that I'm one of those gadget freaks. Staying true to that nature, I recently bought a new compact camera by Canon, the PowerShot SD780 IS. It's black, it's sleek, it's tiny and it's only 0.7 inches thick. Oh so sexy! It's absolutely the right camera for my everyday use (my DSLR will be reserved for when the time calls for it). I just dumped it in my bag or slip it in my back pocket whenever I head out the door. It's so tiny it can even fit into my skinny jeans' pocket. 


yes, it's the size of a credit card



This little beauty may emphasize on compactness but it definitely doesn't ignore the need for a small camera to take great pictures. This baby sports a 2.5 inch LCD, 12.1 megapixel sensor (not that I care cause it really doesn't matter; a mere 5 megapixel would be more than enough for a compact) and 3x zoom lens featuring the latest generation DIGIC IV image processor.

Here are some of the tech features that comes with the SD780 IS:
  • Smart Auto - design to automatically detect 8 different scene types and adjust the shooting settings appropriately.
  • Program Auto - there is no manual exposure control option but several scene presets are available.
  • HD movies & HDMI output - the camera is ready for HDMI output to a HDTV. It features a maximum of 1280x720 (720p), at 30fps for movie recording.
  • Face Detection - track faces within a frame and give them priority in exposure and focus.
  • Blink Detection - minimize portrait photos in which the subject is blinking
For more information, go to digitalcamerareview.com

Lastly here's a picture I took with the SD780 IS with no post-editing except for the watermark (you know what I mean :D)

7 cents:

  1. Jimmy Ang said...
    oooh. comes in sexy black.
    Samantha said...
    also comes in 'oh so hot!' red
    Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...
    Yeah, sometimes a handy little digital camera is so much more convenient than a DSLR :D
    Redbabe said...
    wow... i think it is the 'get a new camera' season....lols!
    Perky said...
    I have no need for cameras... seeing how Bibik is my photographer ;) lolz!

    Anyway,I'm so bad with cameras & taking photos & what not. I only know how to use the cam on my hp. hahaha.

    your new cam looks like a great buy though! :)
    The Real Mother Hen said...
    Ha, you're going to love your little one so much so that you may not even dust your SLR from now on :)
    Samantha said...
    Nick Philips: No kidding. So much lighter too. Now my handbag is lighter, I don't have to walk side ways anymore.

    Redbabe: for both of us, you mean LOL

    Perky: Jelesnyer...How I wish I have my own personal photog too but then again I suck at posing for the camera :(

    The Real Mother Hen: I agree that the little guy really comes in handy but I doubt that I'll abandon my SLR cause I still need it for my work

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882