Thursday, May 08, 2008

-| 2% MILK |-

As I was chatting with Denny, we stumbled upon what he ate for the day and 2% milk was mentioned. Hmm…was scratching my head, wondering what’s a 2% milk. Is it some kinda new dairy product with some fancy new milk-making technology? Does the milk contain only 2% milk? Then, what would the other 98% be? I’ve never heard of a 2% milk before, never ever in my life until then. It’s either that the term isn’t being used in Malaysia or I’m too ignorance to notice such a thing existed.

Okay to those who are just as lost as I am when it comes to what’s a 2% milk, here’s a little fact about it that I’ve googled up from the web.

The 2% refers to the percentage of fat by weight that the milk contains while normal full cream milk contains about 3.5% fat. 2% milk is often mistaken for low fat milk but in fact it can only be referred to as reduced-fat milk. 1 serving of 2% milk still contains 5g of fat that derives close to 35% of its’ calories from fat but to qualify as low fat milk, its’ total fat content must be 3g or less. So if you’re serious about eating a low fat diet, 2% milk isn’t gonna cut it, you’ll have to opt for 1% or best of all, go for fat free milk.

Well hopefully this tiny piece of information helps make you a smarter milk-shopper and not a dumb milk-shopper that I used to be. Does the milk contain only 2% milk? Duh! What a silly question to ask >.< …I’m such a DORK…

0 cents:

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882