Thursday, September 17, 2009

Decided to try my hands on stage makeup. This is my first one so let me know what you think. Any feedback, good or bad is very much appreciated.



Here are the stuff that I use to achieve the look:

Concealer : Artistry Essentials Concealer (medium)
Foundation : Artistry Essentials Mineral Foundation (medium)
Eyebrow : Darkest colour from Artistry Essentials Colour Quad (medium)
Eyeshadow : BH Cosmetics 120 colour palatte (4 colours - shimmering yellow gold, shimmering bright orange, blood red & shimmering white)
Eyeliner : Revlon liquid eyeliner (black)
Mascara : Artistry Total Mascara (black)
Blusher : Esprit pink blusher (can't remember the name) + Maybelline's bronzer in medium
Lip Liner : Artistry Lip Define (nuance)
Lip Colour : Artistry Iconic Elegance Trend Colour Collection - Inspired (dark berry)

6 cents:

  1. wei kin said...
    Hi Sam,

    Stage make-up has to b bold, sharp,n eye catching..either on photoshoot or stage..I've shared some ideas wif u.. Hope u r ok..

    1. To bring up the eyeshadow colour, try some eye primer so d colour is more distinct, esp. for Gold, Orange & Red. The Gold & Orange seems to have combined..and d red is not obvious.. i supposed it's 2 b at the edge of d eye to define the corner, n some at the lower eye lid.

    2. Try some dramatic eyelash (top last / bottom last) to match your eye colour..to bring out the art on the eyes.. it will give a good effect to d overall.

    3. Gold, Orange & Red is suitable for a sunny look. You may use orange blusher in replace of pink n some bronzer to highlight the feature, esp. underneath d cheek apply n jawline n some on d 2 sides of the nose, 2 defined d nose n make it higher n slender..

    Not bad 4 a first try...
    :o)

    Gambateh... n u will be painting well soon... :oP
    Jimmy Ang said...
    This scares me in sooo many different ways....

    I'm just not cut out for the pre-production pictures.
    weikin said...
    Zeemi - U r so bad..

    Sam- Post a cool look, don smile.. :o) Tat would make u look more stylo
    Samantha said...
    Zeemi : LOL

    Wei Kin : Thanks for your valuable input. I do agree on the eye colour & cheek being not sharp enough. First time after all. Will try to improve on that in my next attempt. As for the lashes, I really wanted to put fake lashes but I did the makeup at 2am so all the stores are close LOL. Okeh will try to do some stylo pix next time hahaha...I should stock up on more cheek & bronzer colour so I can do more contouring. Love your input :p
    Katana said...
    Very cute! I know nothing of makeup... Much less stage makeup... BUT I do love the eyes.
    The Real Mother Hen said...
    Wow! That's very nice actually. Your eyes are so big!!! And I really like the highlight you have around the front corner of the eyes, that's really pretty. Ah, I don't know make-up, but I like this.

    Btw, I made satay and Penang acar yesterday and I thought about you. Ah, how nice would it be if we could share Malaysian food :)

    PS: I pick mushroom from the wild, the pacific northwest is a great place for mushroom hunt, here we can get plenty of golden chanterelles, porcini, and matsutake, all quality mushrooms ready to be picked in the forest. But do go with a GPS, else you can't get out.

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882