Tuesday, September 08, 2009

-| My First Cosmetic Haul |-

Finally received the Artistry Essentials Makeup Kit in medium that I redeemed from my Ribbon Choices Gift Card. It came in a brown box, carefully wrapped in multiple air pillow bags. I tried the kit immediately and I've been wearing it for almost the whole day now :D

The box that it came in

An instruction book on basic makeup techniques

A makeup bag to store the makeup kit


Concealer :
The smooth texture allows for a smooth application. Does not look flaky even after hours of having it on. This has to be my current absolute favourite concealer. I even use it as my eye primer.

Foundation : This self-adjusting 100% mineral foundation is very fine and light and it creates a sheer, natural finish. Self-adjusting means you can wear it from light to full coverage depending on your application method. I will blog about the 5 different application methods on another post.

Colour quad : The colour quad comes with 3 eye colour (light, medium, dark) and 1 blusher. Gotta love this quad! Texture-wise they are very fine, smooth, glide & blend very well. Thus no excess colour dropping under my eyes (very important!). Eye colours are not shimmery but they have a little shine to them and they complement my skin tone very well. Blusher is a little bit more shiny than the eye colour to give your cheeks that healthy glow. I have to say it's very long lasting. It still looks fresh on my face even after I've been wearing it for the whole day.

Mascara : It's a black mascara and it gives a beautiful even coat for the lashes. However I still prefer my other Artistry Total Mascara (in black) that gives me a smoother application and allows me to customize the length and volume of my lashes (best of all it comes off like a rubber gloves with warm water/eye makeup remover)

Lip gloss : At first glance, I thought the colour is a little too dark but it appears very natural after I put it on. It is very smooth and not overly shimmery. Most importantly it is not scented as I can't stand scented lip gloss because they ruin the flavour of my drinks & food. Similar with any other lip gloss, re-application is necessary from time to time.

Face brush : It is soft but not as soft as my big fluffy face brush by Eco-tools. The bristles feels very similar to a Kabuki brush so it'll be perfect if you want a medium coverage. As for today, I used my big fluffy face brush because I usually go for a light coverage as my everyday look.

Eyeliner brush : The brush is soft but dense enough to provide a smooth & steady application for eyeliner. But for my look today, I used my Sonia Kashuk smudge brush instead (No reason why. Just because I can :p). I will try it out next time and I'll make an update here if I'm not too lazy.

Oooh that's a long haul for a first one. What can I say, I tend to sway to the extreme side. Before I end, here's a before and after picture of me:


Clean, moisturized face

My everyday look using the Artistry Essential Makeup Kit
(if I have the time, I might do a breakdown of this look some time)

Makeup do wonders to a person's look eh?

7 cents:

  1. Jimmy Ang said...
    I will never look at you the same way again...
    Jimmy Ang said...
    EVARRRRR
    Redbabe said...
    wah... nice wor
    Samantha said...
    zeemi: it's not like you've never seen me without makeup. -.-"

    Redbabe: thanks babe :D
    Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...
    No amount of make up would help me look good! LOL!
    Katana said...
    lol awww, wow, you barely needed the makeup at all, eh?
    Samantha said...
    Nick Philips: I'm sure we can fix that for you. First of all I just need a electric grinder to smooth out ur skin then the makeup will work just fine LOL

    Katana: hehe thanks. But I think I still need some colour to brighten up the eyes especially the eyebrows & the eye bags :(

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882