Tuesday, September 01, 2009

This post is written for those who has no daily facial regime and is going to have a facial done at a spa or do it at home on their own for the first time. Here are the things you MAY experience from a facial:

Redness
Why? : The exfoliation process removes all dead skin cell revealing new fresh skin.

Sensitivity
Why? : Some skin might be sensitive towards certain contents in the products for example alpha hydroxy acid which is a pretty strong natural agent that your skin might react to. Also some people's skin are sensitive to constant touch and also scrubs which might leave your skin feeling a little sore.

Breakouts
Why? : Improper or inconsistent skin care regime may lead to an increased of clogged pores and even if they remain dormant, excess oil and bacterias are still present. Thus the impurities that are pulled out during the facial might come out in the form of acne. This will continue to happen for a number of following facials until the impurities are completely cleared depending on how badly your pores are clogged.

Those 3 are the major possible post-facial symptoms, so do not panic and do not worry because it is perfectly natural and normal.

Reminder: If you're planning to do a facial to look your best for a big day/night/event/occasion, plan to do your facials 4 or 5 days before the big day to avoid looking like a swollen peach :p

3 cents:

  1. Katana said...
    sensitive skin, eh? My skin is abot that bad. I love getting spa days, but they're expensive, and if their stuff ISN"T hypoallergenic, I go nuts.
    Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...
    I've never done a facial before and if I did go for one, they'd need some really high grade sand paper for my face ... LOL!
    Samantha said...
    Katana: I love spa too & I'm not willing to pay for it at the moment but that's a goal I wanna achieve some day :D. For now I shall pamper myself with home facials 3 times a week :p

    Nick Philips: Don't worry, you can come to Samantha's facial. We have electric grinders here to grind away the bumps. Satisfaction guaranteed LOL

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882