Wednesday, September 30, 2009

-| I Have Bed Problem |-

Have not had any good sleep since I arrived in Seattle a year ago. I'm cursed to sleep like an ancient Chinese peasant. I turn and toss and wake up with backaches whenever I sleep on a soft bed. MoofMoof's bed is what most would call soft and comfortable. However it's not my block of bed. I end up feeling lethargic every day.

To solve that, we both pull out our sleeping bags one night. Slept through the whole night wrapped in warm fleece blankets. Voila, I woke up feeling fresher than ever. Unfortunately, MoofMoof looked like a zombie (one with a terrible backache) the whole day. Obviously, hard and firm is not for him. Thus, we've been sleeping separately for the past 1 week. Me on the floor with my sleeping bag and fleece blanket, him on the bed with our awesome quilt. We are miserable!

Is there a bed out there that is soft on one side and firm on the other? If anyone knows such a bed existed, let me know. Or if you know of any good idea to solve our problem, let me know too.

At least for now, I don't have to wake up feeling like I need to go back to bed in 2 hours.

6 cents:

  1. Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...
    How about putting your sleeping bag on the bed ... LOL!

    I have no problems sleeping whatsoever. Just give me any old place and I can sleep :D
    Anonymous said...
    well both chandi n i like firm beds but i like mine really firm n hard. so the solution was chandi bought me a whole new bedroon suite along with a new customised mattress for my bday 2 yrs ago. i dun remember the brand but if u ask in any bedding specialty stores, they should be able to recommend some manufacturers.

    it's harder on my side of the bed and softer on the other half. really nice.

    otherwise, i know there are beds out there that are customised by putting two single mattresses tog to make the double/queen/king size.

    try orthopedic places too. coz most of these customised beds r mainly for ppl with orthopedic probs.

    Good luck!!

    Winnie
    Redbabe said...
    Buy two single bed. One hard and one soft. Then put it together to make it a super king size bed. can?
    dknypg83 said...
    i was mislead by the words 'bed problem'... sorry, i couldn't help you with this, but if u have other 'bed problems'... do consult me... nah, just kidding... :p u have to have what they call a 'smart bed'!! this bed where u'll have to have enough force on it before it becomes soft... so, assuming MoofMoof is 68 kg, and u are 53 kg, you set this bed to turn soft at 63 kg... then it works wonders!! unless, MoofMoof's leg cross over to your side... :p

    cheers!!
    The Real Mother Hen said...
    What about buying a single form (hard form) to put on your side of the bed?

    There is a theory - people who sleep on hard surface have better spinal structure :)
    Samantha said...
    Nick Philips: eh ur idea tak boleh pakai la...putting the sleeping bag on the bed = sleeping on the bed

    Winnie: I'll look into the customized bed. Sounds like what I need

    Redbabe: 2 singles = king size?

    dkny: is it electronic? will I get cooked in the middle of the night if the electric circuit decides to go beserk on me?

    The Real Mother Hen: Yay for people who sleep on hard surface!!!

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882