Tuesday, January 06, 2009

-| My Next Venture |-

Ahhhhh I can't wait to get started!


This Sunday would be my first sewing class! Yay! My instructor is a local designer in Seattle and I heard she has won several awards and one of her dresses is featured in Seattle Metropolitan. Impressive huh? You might find it funny though cause I'm having her teach me how to make felt softies instead of dresses. Yes, I'm weird and I fancy bizzare objects like ugly but adorable felt softies. What's weirder is I'm having MoofMoof join the class. He's such a loving husband ain't he?

It would be a two hour session at her place. During the two hour session, we'll find out where we sit (beginner, intermediate or advanced) but I'm sure I'll be the noob. I'm told to prepare some sewing tools for the day. For eg: sewing machine (I don't have this but she say I can borrow hers till I get mine), thread, muslin, fabric scissors and other tools that I have. She's such a nice lady because she even gave us a very sweet deal.

I'm so looking forward to this Sunday!

7 cents:

  1. Perky said...
    Sewing? I just can't imagine you doing that. hehehe. Sangat housewife okay! ;)
    Samantha said...
    Hahaha I know...sounds very perempuan when I'm not really...but believe it or not I've always wanted to learn sewing since I was a kid and I have some basics that I learn from primary school and high school's kemahiran hidup class :O ...don't laugh at me la HAHAHAHA
    Anonymous said...
    yay! Finally... i remember you talking about this before you left. Sounds like an awesome learning opportunity. Have fun with it. And while you're at it, make me something ya XD
    Samantha said...
    no worries, I shall make you something ugly XD
    Jimmy Ang said...
    when can i expect my first softie.. handmade and sent from the land of dreams.

    u know i love you right? so dun dolak dalih ok? just go make me one. XD
    Samantha said...
    k la k la I make you 1 la :D...I very peng yu wan so I won't dolak dalih LOL
    Jimmy Ang said...
    this is forever immortalized in print. if it doesn't reach me i will forever pester you about your promise.

    if you make me one, i'd give you some Malaysian specialties like sambal belacan shipped all the way there. see how good i am?

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882