Thursday, January 15, 2009

-| I'm A "Socks Hoarder" |-

Don't ask me why but I love to hoard my old socks even the ones that are ugly, super lose and has already discoloured. It's so habitual that I had to bring them with me when I moved from Malaysia to Seattle. Yes, you can call me siao.


They use to sit comfortably in my drawers until yesterday... I went on a sudden rampage; I pull each and every one of them out and hack them into pieces! Can you believe that? My beloved old socks that I guard with life for the past 10 YEARS!

Nah, just kidding! I didn't hack them into pieces but I did cut them up and stitch them back into something else. I cut up a pair of my old socks and a pair of my new socks and

TADA!

(The big one is named DugaDuga and the small one is named GupGup)

(DugaDuga is made from my old socks)

(GupGup is made from 1 side of my new socks)

Isn't this great? I can still hoard my old socks but they no longer have to sit in my drawer looking ugly and lifeless. I give them new faces, new names and a new purpose in life. This is what I call recycling the fun way. Go Green!

6 cents:

  1. traCe said...
    "pooottttTt" haha I farted! I can't help it la Wen. Instead of naming comment you name fishes farted..creative you. I like the socks idea..very nice~ eh no smelly right? hehehe...
    Redbabe said...
    so cute...........! this is a whole new meaning to going green!!!!
    Unknown said...
    Omg yee wen, it feels like you are making a whole new Sockemon (Pokemon) World!

    :D
    Jimmy Ang said...
    this is amazing. not the socks. but you... so much has changed in so little time. AMAZING.

    also, ditto what Suyi said. *_^
    Samantha said...

    Trace: Thanks and of course not smelly la. I wash it real clean okay and I don't keep dirty clothes in my drawers ><

    Redbabe: Hahaha thanks!

    Suyi: ah Sockemon, what a good name! I shall name my socties collection as Sockemon. Hmmm...should I change their name to Dugamon and Gupamon?

    Zeemi: Well I can't waste my time forever doing nothing at home now can I. Have to grow up and make use of my time wisely. Thanks for the support buddy!

    Anonymous said...
    wooo cute! And i mean that literally. They're ugly but sooo adorable. Do you really keep yours socks for 10 years??? O___O

Post a Comment



 
ss_blog_claim=2976ce8546963f56777ec6038c9c2882